Saturday 17 July 2010

Day 8 - Saturday (Again)

Bloody hell, eight days already.. I hardly noticed ;) This whole garden thing is starting to feel a bit too much like a job...


Anyway massive progress with the work today, the left side has been smoothed making the cut in vertical (just about, took hours), also I rolled out the sleepers to both check the depth is correct and to try to get an idea of what the end result might be, unfortunately I hadn't got it quite right and needed to take another half a foot out at the back, an hour later and I was in business.


I'm thinking I may need to add further sleepers down the sides as one length doesn't quite look right and adding another would give the illusion of a longer garden.

With the left side finished for now and the back at the right depth and vertical I needed to move the decking boards over to allow me to attack the right side, as I was moving them anyway I took the opportunity to lay out a few boards to check depth and get a sneak peek.


...

Obviously the height and spacing isn't quite correct, but you get the idea. With all the decking moved over to the left I'm now set up to lay into the right side of the nemesis tomorrow, just two days until I have to return to work so I'd better make it count.

 A few pics of how things stand at close of play on day eight.


...

Just for a change a view from the back of the garden.


...

Sitting at the back to take these pictures I realised how deep the bed will be on the right side, with the depth we will be able to plant multiple layers making the back of the garden a real focal point and giving a great view from the lounge or conservatory. Luckily I'm not be responsible for the planting as an expert it on hand...

Finally, it feels like the longest fraking eight days of my life ever however a quick look at how things were back then makes me feel a little better.




No comments:

Post a Comment