Friday 13 August 2010

Day 13 - Thursday

The weather was not great today but the rain did hold off for the most part. Today was 'deck frame day', finally after all the days of prep I was at the stage where I could start to actually build something.

With the support platform in place from the day before I was ready to go. The plan was to fix all the crossbeams for the left side first. This all went fairly smoothly, much more so than any task in this project so far.


With the left side complete it was time to prop it up, bring all the decking boards and sleepers inside and then raise the right side of the frame for fixing. Obviously this wasn't very easy but let's skip over that.

With both sides fixed and all cross beams in place I laid down the frame flat, this is the first time I've really been able to see how big the deck will actually be.



I laid out a couple of decking boards only to find that the deck frame is approx 2cm longer than the decking boards ! bollocks, I'd obviously screwed up somewhere but I'll need to figure that out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment